Ahead of its release next month, Bandai Namco has released new gameplay footage of Dark Souls III‘s The Ringed City.
First announced last month, The Ringed City is Dark Souls III’s final expansion. It introduces new areas, weapons, and enemies, among other things. You can get a taste for what to expect in the video above.
It jumps around to show off a few different locations and encounters, including a boss fight against a giant winged beast (seen in the announcement trailer) and a long drop through the side of a building (in an Inception-esque city). There’s also a glimpse of new purple ghost enemies, and another that can shoot flames from a shield and set its weapon ablaze.
The Ringed City launches for all platforms on March 28. It costs $15 on its own or is included with the $25 season pass, which also provides access to the first expansion, Ashes of Ariandel.
In the meantime, a new patch launches today for Dark Souls III. Update 1.10 fixes various bugs, including an issue that allowed players to be invaded during boss fights. You can see all the fixes below and a schedule for the rollout on each platform here.
Dark Souls III Update 1.10 Patch Notes
- Fixed issue where a player could invade another player during a boss battle.
- Fixed issue where an enchantment could be applied to weapons which normally could not be enchanted.
- Fixed issue where, when items are used while casting magic, display glitches could occasionally occur.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to cancel immediately into a second magic spell after casting the first one.
- Fixed issue where the first part of a skill action could be skipped.
- Fixed issue where a single item could be used indefinitely.