Film company 20th Century Fox has canceled its marquee panel for July’s San Diego Comic-Con, where the company might have showcased the Assassin’s Creed. That’s according to a report today from The Wrap, which claims Fox is scrubbing the show due to piracy concerns.
“The studio feels it cannot prevent the piracy of custom trailers and exclusive footage routinely screened for fans in attendance,” a person reportedly familiar with Fox’s plans told the site.
For its part, Fox declined to comment when approached by The Wrap. Fox will reportedly still have a presence at Comic-Con in the form of smaller event for Trolls, which it’s making with DreamWorks.
According to The Wrap, Fox might have revealed some early footage of the Michael Fassbender-starring Assassin’s Creed movie during the panel, along with a peak at Wolverine 3 and the next Maze Runner movie. It was to be held at the San Diego Convention Center’s massive Hall H.
In 2015, Fox showed Deadpool and X-Men: Apocalypse trailers specifically prepared for Comic-Con at its panel–days later, unofficial versions leaked online. Outside of Fox, a trailer for Suicide Squad leaked from a Warner Bros. panel last year as well.
A source also told The Wrap that Disney was also considering canceling its Hall H event this year. A Disney representative denied the claim, but has not yet announced plans for Comic-Con.
Comic-Con runs July 21-24 in San Diego.
Assassin’s Creed opens on December 21, 2016, one week after Star Wars spinoff Rogue One is released. The movie finished filming in January and is now in post-production.