If you haven’t beaten Resident Evil 7 yet, you have a few new features to look forward to when you do.
Completing the game unlocks a harder difficulty, Madhouse Mode–provided you didn’t unlock it via a pre-order bonus already–as well as The Secrets of Defense handbook, which increases the damage you can absorb by blocking with your arms.
You also get the Albert-01R handgun, a powerful late-game weapon that can kill most enemies in a single shot.
Madhouse Mode adds a slew of challenges:
- Health doesn’t regenerate
- More frequent, faster enemies in new locations
- Items are more sparse and have been moved around
- You have to collect and carry cassette tapes to use in save rooms, much like ink ribbons from old Resident Evil games
- Auto-saves far less often