Captain America: Civil War is in theaters now, and fans can expect nine more Marvel movies to release between now and 2019. In an interview with Deadline, Marvel president Kevin Feige was asked which characters might be next to get their own solo movie after the cinematic universe’s third phase.
“Where we go beyond  are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then,” Feige said. “Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned [Falcon, War Machine, Black Widow, and Hawkeye] I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow.”
Feige added that Marvel thinks “she’s an amazing character” and that “Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing.”
“She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise,” he said.
You can see a full list of the Phase Three Marvel movies below:
- Captain America: Civil War (May 6)
- Doctor Strange (November 4)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)
- Black Panther (February 16, 2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War — Part 1 (May 4, 2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018)
- Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)
- Avengers: Infinity War — Part 2 (May 3, 2019)
Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo have confirmed that the two movies are “very different” and will be renamed before they open in theaters.
You can check out more of our Civil War coverage in our Next Big Movie feature or through the links below: