Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will see some changes to its mutiplayer mode tomorrow. Metal Gear Online’s update includes the prioritization of balanced teams, changes to sprinting and diving, and displaying rank changes on the end-of-mission results screen.
When Automatch puts together teams, it’ll now prioritize the number of players on each team before those who join as a group; this will hopefully make it so teams have the same numbers, which seems like it wasn’t the case when Automatch put higher precedence on players who had joined together before the matchmaking process.
Balance adjustments to the sprinting and diving reduce your ability to perform these actions one after another. You’ll be hit with a delay after diving to prevent yourself from performing another one immediately after. Additionally, sprint duration will be reduced for a while after diving.
Rank increases and decreases will also be shown during the results screen at the end of a mission. Changes in rank will be displayed on the scoreboard as well; an icon will show the rank, while arrows will show how large the increase or decrease is. Additionally, a player’s connection quality will also be shown on the scoreboard during matches.
Other changes in the update include damage adjustments, no longer being able to interrogate Quiet, and the sound a cardboard box makes.
You can see the full list of patch notes on Konami’s website or in the list below:
- Unique Characters
- Quiet can no longer be interrogated.
- Rank increase and decrease are now displayed in the mission results.
- Score has been adjusted for each mission.
- Assist score will no longer be granted when woken up by a comrade after putting yourself into sleep or stun status.
- Damage Adjustments
- Increased damage output from the SVG-76 and M2000-D.
- Reduced the knockback and firing rate of the Uragan-5.
- Increased stamina damage when landing onto enemy players from a height.
- Reduced stamina damage from cardboard box attacks and low kicks.
- Balance Adjustments
- Demoltion+ Lv.2 will no longer trigger a thrown weapon to drop when killed by a knife.
- After diving, there is now a delay before you can dive again.
- Sprint duration is now temporarily reduced after diving.
- Crawling out of a cardboard box when prone will no longer produce noise.
- Each player’s network connection quality will now be displayed.
- Team creation in Automatch will now be prioritized for balanced number of players across both teams over preset party on a single team.
- The Rush Mode option is now removed from the mission selection screen in Automatch (except Xbox 360)
- Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency
- A combat log will now be displayed when a player is fulton saved or woken up from sleep or stun status by an ally.
- The time bonus XP for the Sabotage mission has been adjusted.