EA will reveal Battlefield 5 on May 6, according to a report from German website Play3.de, which claims to have confirmed the information from official sources.
The site goes on to say it will be unveiled at 8 PM CET to press, with a livestream of the event to follow at 10 PM CET. It has also published an excerpt from the invitation, which has been translated from German below.
“The future of Battlefield is coming up and you are invited to the world premiere,” it reads. “On May 6, we will reveal the next milestone in the Battlefield franchise. Come and meet our creative team at DICE.”
In October 2014, publisher EA confirmed a new entry in the Battlefield series will ship in 2016. Chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said it planned to have a new shooter yearly, and would followup Star Wars Battlefront with a Battlefield.
“What we’ve said is that our intention over the next couple of years is to have a first-person shooter as one of the core titles,” he replied. “This year it’s Star Wars: Battlefront. Next year, it’s another Battlefield title.”
It was previously teased that the Battlefield series will return to “military-style game” and is already shaping up to be a “fun, new Battlefield.”
EA also previously said Mass Effect Andromeda Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 5 would be out during fiscal year 2017, which runs from April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. A teaser for TitanFall 2 has been released and EA plans to fully reveal it on June 12.
2015’s Star Wars: Battlefront was also developed by DICE, which is responsible for the core entries in the Battlefield series. DICE has laid out plans to release free and paid expansions for Battlefront in the future.